Last updated: 21 March 2022
, we strive to honour the privacy and security of any data we collect from visitors using our website, whilst we act as a personal data Controller under relevant data protection rules and regulations.
If you have questions about this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Cookie Definitions
A cookie is a small text file, that we store on your browser or in the memory of your device.
Depending on the duration or the way we store the cookies, we have persistent and session cookies:
- Persistent cookies are cookies that remain on the user's device even after the browser is closed. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies: these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
In terms of where the cookie is placed from, they are divided into “First-party cookies” or “Third-party cookies”:
- “First-party cookies” are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time.
- “Third-party cookies” are cookies that are set by third parties and components which are loaded in the website that the user is currently visiting.
2. What Cookies Do We Use and Why?
The cookies we may use on the website may be categorized as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: Functionality cookies
- Analytics and Marketing cookies: Cookies used for analytics, statistics, targeting and marketing
“Functionality cookies” cookies that are essential for the website itself for its regular functioning. Without these cookies the website will not work properly.
These cookies are used for:
- Identify you as being logged in to the website and to authenticate you
- For security purposes
- Remember settings you've applied
- For regular functioning of the website and its components
If these cookies are prevented, then the operation and security of the website will be disrupted, and so its proper functioning.
“Analytics and Marketing cookies” are cookies that collect information about visitors, how they use the website and/or their behavior through the website.
These cookies are used for:
- Web analytics: providing statistics on the number of visitors and how the website is used
- Obtain data on the number of users of the website that have viewed a product or service
- Targeting in order to display targeted ads through third party sites / social networks
3. When and for which cookies we require your consent
We ask for your consent only for the placement of cookies that belong to the group of analytics and marketing. We request your consent before placing them on your device.
System and functional cookies are not subject to this agreement as they are necessary for the website operation. You can give your consent for analytics and marketing cookies by clicking on the appropriate button (Accept all cookies) on the banner displayed to you.
If, after giving your consent, you wish to withdraw your consent, you will need to delete or block or disable cookies via your browser settings. Please note that deleting or disabling system and functional cookies, will disrupt the operation of the website. If, after giving your consent, you wish to withdraw your consent, you will need to delete, and block or disable cookies via your browser settings. Please note that deleting or disabling system and functional cookies, will disrupt the operation of the website.
4. How to Delete and Block our Cookies
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. These settings give you the ability to delete cookies. The browser settings for changing your cookies settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your internet browser. In order to get more information about these settings, in your browser, look for the "Help" option where you can get more details about deleting and changing cookie settings.
Deleting / blocking all cookies from the website, including system and functional cookies, may interfere with the operation of the website and you may not be able to access all or parts of the website.
In case you delete all cookies, unless you have set your browser settings to block cookies, when you visit the website again, our system will reissue the system cookies and ask again for consent for the issuance of analytics and marketing cookies.
5. Contact us
For any questions feel free to contact us at: email@example.com.